Patching the Robot
An important part of looking after your robot is making sure its software is up to date. We've released a patch that updates some of the documentation and fixes some issues with the editor. You can apply the patch using the existing code upload mechanism.
Steps to Patch
- Download the patch from the blog.
- Turn on and connect to your robot.
- Navigate to http://robot.go and click on the blue upload button.
- Click on the Choose file button and select the patch that you've downloaded.
- Click on the Upload button. (this may take a few seconds)
- You should now see Your file looks good at the top of the screen. Click on the run it from this page link near the top of the page. You should now see the run interface.
- Click on the big Start button to patch your robot.
Your robot will restart as part of the patching process, so you will loose connectivity with it for about half a minute. Your tablet should automatically reconnect to the robot when it turns back on. If you cannot connect to your robot, please contact us using the forum.
- Once you've reconnected to the robot, refresh the Run page. If everything worked, you should see
Patch Version: 3in the logs beneath the start button. If you don't see this, please contact us using the forum.